Thursday 12 March 2009

I want to know, what you have to say Sheffield!



After asking myself what it is like to be a student in Sheffield I wondered what others', new and old to the life of laziness and poorness had to say. I went to the entrance of a busy student building and stood in the cold with my little journo notebook and asked anyone who would talk...

...Whats the best thing about being a Student in Sheffield?


Annabelle Wilson 19, Business and Marketing, Leadmill road, Sheffield.

"The best thing for me is the netball team. I love playing a match every Wednesday and going out with all the girls after. We all get on so well and have ridiculous nights out in fancy dress... it's by far the best thing for me. Come on Hallam Netball!"



Katy Loweridge, 21, Psychology, Thompson road, Sheffield.

"Ohhhhhhhh the clubs baby! A night in Sheffield is never the same as the next is pure brilliance! I've been to many different Uni's visiting friends and no where has been as abnormal, unusual, exciting and funny as a night in Sheffield."



Adam Little, 22 Product design, Denham road, Sheffield.

"Being in a city. It's best thing for me as a student because it has taught me so much. I came from a really small village in Wales where I had to go miles to get anything i wanted. In Sheffield everything is near and there is always something going on. One day there was a fun fair in the middle of town, I have never been to a fun fair so to see one in the middle of the day in town was very weird."



Sarah Reeves, 20, English and History, Arundel Street, Sheffield.

"The social aspects of living with friends is the best thing about being a student. There is never a dull moment in our halls. Everyone mingles popping in and out of different flats making life very sociable. You can never do this at home as friends usually live further away then up or down two flights of stairs."

Well to be blunt I was extremely jealous of Sarah, her life in halls seem heaven on Earth compares to my quiet side of life.

Annabelle has to just right, as joining a team is in my opinion the best thing about being a student in Sheffield it's social as well as participating in something you love.
I adore Adams comments, he seemed so confident it was a shock he came from such a rural background, he showed me that Uni life changes people in different ways and it was a pleasure to meet him.

The bright, bubbly and out-going exterior Katy portrayed in her comments matched perfectly with the way she looked. Dressed in a yellow dress and red boots to match her fluorescence red hair perfectly coincided with the comments of un-usual-ness.

Carrying out this vox-pop helped me feel content with knowing that every ones experience with University is different and that as well as these students best bits I am almost certain there are their worse bits about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment