Friday 3 April 2009

What are you doing to help save the planet?

As energy costs spiral out of control and more carbon emissions shoot into the atmosphere everything we do is a greater importance every year. I have asked the people of Sheffield what they are doing to help save the planet's resources to see ongoing efforts of the city to be environmentally responsible.


Paul Mitchell, 45, Policeman, Treetown Crescent, Rotherham, S60.
"Our house re-washes plastic bags and basically recycles. I have a gas car (it’s 5 times cleaner) and I try not to break whilst driving as well as this we grow our own vegetables and give all our food scraps to our chickens. I hope this helps to save the planet."



Mark Billson, 27, Unemployed, Hill top Close, Rotherham, S60.
“Why would I help the planet, when it has done nothing for me? I have no one to look for in the future when I’m not around so what’s the point. So to answer you question, I do nothing to save the planet.”





Rita Boyce, 75, retired, 190 St. Phillips Rd, Sheffield, S3 7JY.
“We recycle all our papers, plastics; anything you can recycle really. I also have stuff in my loft…no my walls, that’s right my walls are insulated. I don’t use transport just walk about on my little old legs. I have a water meter too…no that saves me money not energy.”


Fiona Koomah, 21, Student, Norfolk Park Avenue, Sheffield, S2.
“At university; I turn off the lights and I don’t drive. Sheffield doesn’t have the recycle system like at home. I have bins to recycle paper, cans and glass at home. I don’t use a lot of hairspray I hope that’s helping to save our wonderful planet."






Malcolm Hobson, 59, Teacher, Wheatley Grove, Sheffield, S13.
“I ride my bike only-no cars and as a result, I guess I look better. I have replaced light bulbs in my house with low energy ones and I compost at home and school. We try to recycle fifty percent of garbage and use boxes instead of plastic at the supermarket."







Christiana Grels, 17, Cashier, Neville Close, S3.
“I’m sick of the rain; all it does is rain in Sheffield. I’m not doing much, I don’t recycle leave that to my Mum and Step dad. I walk because I can’t get a car, stuff the planet if I could get a car though!"




Tell me what you are doing to help save OUR planet by taking the poll to the right of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment